I know I am not the only one to have bad days. Sometimes it is a bad day at work, a conflict with someone I care about, or some days I just wake up in a bad mood. During these day it’s hard to have a productive day, I tend to turn on the TV and mentally checkout. This is the easiest thing to do but it’s not the best way I could spend my time, and definitely not what I need on those days.
Here are some ways that I have found help and that I would recommend to try!
- Think of someone that you can do something for: is there someone you know of that is also having a hard day? How can you help make their day better? Is there a volunteer opportunity you can sign up for?
- Write a letter to a friend you haven’t talked to in awhile: everyone loves receiving letters in the mail
- Go for a walk or run outside: Vitamin D and fresh air also does everyone some good
- Light a candle, make a warm drink, and pick up a good book: if anxiety is causing a bad day, these comforting items can help
- Turn on music and finish that project you finished or start a craft: We all have at least one project that has been left unfinished, try to finish it, completion always makes us feel productive and gives us a feeling of purpose. Crafts can also help boost your mood by distracting or expressing your mind in a creative way.
- Call a friend or family member: Have you caught up with a college friend or a friend that has moved or have you talked to your mom, dad, brother, sister, or grandparent in awhile? It might help your day to catch up with someone you love.
- Buy an indoor plant: maybe a succulent or two, some flowers, or a vegetable plant?
- Buy a piece of furniture from a thrift store to refurbish: this can be a fun pass time and could even turn into a side hustle!
- Get some friends together for a picnic
- Watch a comedian: laughing can be a great way to brighten your mood
If any of these have helped you or if you have suggestions for others, leave a comment down below!
This post contains affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.